1. Do not waste your repair tools carelessly.
2. Do not waste your keys and charms on weapons you don’t need.
3. Do not sell the weapons and accessories you find, they can be used as upgrade material so keep them for when the time comes.
4. For arena PvP, whether you use your training weapon or the best weapon in the game you deal the same damage.
5. Your weapon only loses durability when you get hard CC’d (for example knocked down or stunned Cheap Blade And Soul Gold) or when you are defeated and enter falled down state (EACH time you fall down, meaning if you fall down, recover chi and fall down again you lose durability again).
6. Salvage soul shields you find from random mobs, they drop transmutation materials.
7. You can use RED upgrade gems at any level because they give the same flat experience, however you should keep GREEN upgrade gems for use later in the game to get the full value out of them, maybe combine them with upgrade tickets too (the ones that make sure you get the full upgrade exp etc.).
8. When crafting, you can log out safely without your orders getting cancelled.
9. Once you get to Jadestone do all of the profession gathering quests. They’re extremely easy to do and give a whopping 1000 exp each, which lets you skip more time-consuming quests early on (such as the first hub in Cinderlands).
10. One very important one to add is that doing achievements increase character stats.
For detailed explanations of each tip, read the original post. You’ll find other tips for progression, combat and other aspects.