Trust me, I’m no fan of the zerglings, but this was a completely broken mechanic and one that needed to be fixed.
I’m in favor of adding mechanics that help solo gatherers. But players should NOT be able to escape combat by quick mounting mid-fight with Albion Online Silver, and running off. Mounting while in stealth was particularly ridiculous, and it was overdue for a fix.
Most players use it for one of two reasons 1) Griefing others by aggroing mobs on them 2) Disappearing in PvP when their health is low, causing all enemies to drop target on them and all attacks, even those already en route, to simply disappear .
If they want to help harvesters/gatherers, there are plenty of ways to do that without also emboldening exploiters and griefers.
When you are flagged up and attack a non-flagged it gives you a 10 minute AO Gold debuff that prevents you from deflagging. If someone attacks you when you’re flagged, but you do not attack back, it does not reset your flag. Since they can obviously tell the difference between people who did or didn’t fight back in an attack, there is no reason they can’t use the same mechanic with mounting.
I’d propose these two changes:
– Characters are unable to mount in combat. (think of how the soup regen buff works with regards to pvp combat vs NPC combat)
– Characters who have not attacked another player for 10 minutes receive the “Quick Mount” ability.
- Quick Mount allows players to mount up with only a .5 second cast-time and gives 5 seconds of defensive bonuses.
- Quick Mount has a 10 minute cool-down.
- Quick mount’s 10 minute cool-down is reset anytime you:
- Attack another player in pvp. (doesn’t reset if you’re attacked Cheap Albion Online Silver but do not attack back)
- Log in/out of the game.
- Zone in any way. (to another map area, a dungeon, grotto, guild island, etc)
- Quick Mount can be used while in “Fade Out” stealth mode.